Before I get to the core topic of this post (I know, hard to guess given the title…), a BIG THANK YOU for all the sweet and supportive messages to my last post. I feel a lot better after a few long nights of sleep. I have been looking a bit into international adoption but do not understand anything. Hopefully things will soon become clearer somehow.
Anyways this post isn’t about adoption but about my soon to come trip to Japan!! Yey!! I have never been to Japan so I’m rather excited. I will be going at the end of October, which is an excellent time to go especially when you love the fall and fall foliage as much as I do. Ohhh I can’t wait to be in the middle of all those colorful Japanese maple trees! I will be going for work but also hopefully staying a little bit longer to visit.
This wasn’t my idea: my boss asked me to go. To refuse I would have had to come up with some excuse, except I’m sort of running out of excuses. Earlier this year I had a similar problem: I was asked to go on work trips but they were very close to the foreseen IVF dates. I said no to my boss saying I needed some time off for some medical treatment which was going to be around the same time as the work trip. I ended up not going on the trip and cancelling the IVF cycle because I had a bad reaction to the meds. Similarly, I said no to another trip because it was right after IVF and, thinking it may work, I was scared about messing things up. IVF didn’t work and again I missed the trip.
This time when my boss asked I didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t come up with an excuse. But also, I kinda want to go to Japan, even if this trip is less than a month after my FET. If the tranfer works and I need to stay then I’ll cancel or make something up somehow. But I’ll worry about that later.
I’m not sure if I am being irresponsible or if I’m simply so convinced that the transfer won’t work that I don’t care. Or maybe I just feel the need to stop putting my life on hold. No idea. At least I’ll have something to cheer me up after the FET.